Thursday, October 19, 2006

Therapy Pets -- bringing smiles to shut-ins.

I remember the first time I went back home for a visit after my father had been moved into a nursing home. I live over 3000 miles away, and I was absolutely sick at the thought of this move for him. I had to see this new home of his for myself -- to assure myself that it was a good place for him to be. I was ecstatic at what I saw. My father was so very happy there. The food was good, and very tasty too I must add, as my husband & I had a few different meals with him at the home while we were there. But the best part, was seeing how the residents would get so excited to see the therapy dogs come around to visit them, my father included!

I had to share this shirt from Dog-Play's Fun Dog Stuff. "The best therapy is a visit from a friendly pet." This is so very true. To see the sparkle in the eyes of the old folks in my father's nursing home while they were petting the visiting pooches, and having a great little conversation with them was just so heartwarming to see. And the dogs sure were certainly loving all the attention they were getting as well!

Check out Dog-Play's Fun Dog Stuff site (click on the shirt to visit this site) to buy this design, and while there, check out the rest of the site, where there is many more dog designs, and lots of good information as well.

Please take a moment to leave your comments on this design.

And don't forget to check back soon to see the latest "Where'd you get that shirt?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home